Milestone #7: Promote Your Published Book and Platform
For a step-by-step explanation of how to reach this milestone, read the Sell Your Book e-guide. Use the curated content below for a brief overview and quick access to valuable information and resources.
Tips (Excerpt from 101 Tips for First-Time Authors)
- Tip #76: SELL Your Book-Online advertising and promotions are cheaper than offline versions, so it will be smart to focus attention online.
- Tip #77: SELL Your Book-Search engines love blogs and large websites that constantly provide new content, so consider starting a blog that features book excerpts, stories left out of the book, behind the scenes information about the book, and other information your readers will find interesting.
- Tip #79: SELL Your Book-Online book sales are driven by reviews, so encourage everyone you meet to buy their copy online and post honest reviews on the site where they bought it.
Tools and Templates
- Checklist: The Ultimate Self-Publisher’s Checklist
- Template: Marketing Plan Template for Non-Fiction Titles
- Template: Marketing Plan Template for Religious Titles
- Slideshow: Public Speaking Tips for Authors
- Worksheet: Author Bookkeeping Spreadsheet
- Publishing FAQs
- More Coming Soon!