- have a completed Book Blueprint?
- have an audio or video recording of the information you want to include in your book?
- prefer to tell your message to a professional who can write the information in your book?
- prefer to have a writing professional handle the editing and rewriting of your book?
Then this service is for you.
This full-service ghostwriting, editing and rewriting package includes:
- Ghostwriting the entire first draft of the book by combining the notes you submitted during the Book Blueprint with recorded interviews with you to collect the information needed to complete the book outline you approved as part of your Book Blueprint service,
- Draft an art plan that proposes how the pages of the book will look (e.g. whether each chapter will open with a quote and which quotes will be included, whether pull-out quotes will be used and which lines are great pull-out quote candidates, which concepts should be illustrated by a table or where to include thought provoking questions and space for your readers to answer),
- Printing and mailing the unedited draft to you so you can write your comments and questions about how your message is articulated and organized directly onto your manuscript (I will also email you a copy so you can choose whether you prefer to read and edit it on screen or on the printed version),
- A one-on-one conversation to discuss your overall thoughts on the book and to verbally describe the changes you want me to make so that I can make sure that I understand them,
- A couple rounds of content revisions between me and you to ensure that you love the way the book is organized and how your message is articulated,
- Printing and mailing five copies of the unedited manuscript to five potential pre-publication reviewers and/or people you want an endorsement from,
- Requesting permission for the use of any quotes, excerpts or artwork as necessary,
- A couple rounds of copyediting and rewriting based on the copyeditor’s recommendations to polish the grammar and language,
- Proofreading and rewriting based on the proofreader’s recommendations,
- Follow-up with pre-publication reviewers and/or endorsement candidates. I cannot guarantee that the people we approach will review or endorse your book, but I can guarantee that I will do my part to make it easier on them to say yes, and
- Coach you through the book publishing process whether you have chosen to sell your manuscript to a traditional publisher or self-publish.
Click on the links below to view writing samples:
Price: $3,500 base price plus $.175/word over 20,000 words
Sample pricing based on estimate of 250 words/page: 80 page book=$3,500 100 page book=$4,375 160 page book=$7,000 200 page book=$8,750 240 page book=$10,500 320 page book=$14,000
OPTIONAL: Self-Publishing Prep Add-on
The signature Ghostwriting Service ends with resources and coaching through the publishing process, but this add-on makes me your hands-on project manager who executes the decisions you make about how your book will be published.
- Submit manuscript to paid reviewers* who guarantee to write a review (although they don’t guarantee that it will be a positive one)
- Draft front matter of the book (this includes the half title, promotional page that lists any other books you have or maybe even lists your reviews, title page, copyright page, dedication page, epigraph, table of contents, foreward, preface, acknowledgements and introduction as needed.)
- Draft the back matter of the book (this includes the post script, appendix, chronology, notes, glossary, bibliography, list of contributors, index and errata as needed.)
- Typecoding of display/art plan so that the person formatting the book knows how you want the book’s pages to look,
- Publishing company registration
- ISBN registration*
- LCCN/PCN registration*
- Back cover text recommendation
- Collect updated quotes and timelines* from independent book interior designers, book cover designers, printers and distributors as well as from a self-publishing company that includes all of those services for a single price,
- Write author biography
- Write media kit text
- Recommend and/or draft supplemental information products like articles, blog posts, e-books, checklists or questionnaires,
- Recommend ways to build/update your platform* with information about your new book (this includes your business cards, website, email signature and social media accounts),
- Recommend ways to effectively launch your book*, and
- Three follow-up sessions during the first year of your publication to help you smooth out any challenges you face while selling your book.
You will get all this at an introductory price of: $500
*Service descriptions with an asterisk may require additional fees to cover third-party registration or service costs.
How to begin your Ghostwriting Service:
- Click Here to Book a FREE 60 min. Consultation. During the consultation we will discuss your goals for your publication, find out if I am a good fit for your needs, and I’ll recommend services, tools and strategies that will help you make progress towards your publishing goals (even if it means that you won’t be working with me).
- Receive weekly updates until your Book Blueprint is complete. Each week you will receive an email that describes the progress on your project. When your Developmental Blueprint is complete, you will receive a digital copy via email along with an invitation to schedule an appointment with me and discuss the contents.
- Receive a progress summary along with the latest version of your manuscript via email each week until your service is complete.
Header image is “+) Note (+” by Vinny Prime