Milestone #1: Outline Your Book Publishing Plan
For a step-by-step explanation of how to reach this milestone, read the Plan Your Book e-guide. Use the curated content below for a brief overview and quick access to valuable information and resources.
Top 5 Recommended Blog Reads:
Tips (Excerpt from 101 Tips for First-Time Authors)
- Tip #6: PLAN Your Book-Be honest with yourself about your publishing goals. There is nothing wrong with wanting to publish a book just to “see what happens,” but if you have any desire to publish a profitable book, understand that you will need to have a great book, a great marketing plan and a platform to reach this kind of goal.
- Tip #2: PLAN Your Book-If you want to have a profitable self-published book, wait until you have a mailing list-or e-mailing list-of at least 1,000 who are already interested in you and/or your message, or until you connect with someone else who has 1,000 people on their mailing list and they are willing to promote your book to that list. Social media followers do not count.
- Tip #3: PLAN Your Book-Focus your book’s message on something you know well or at least on something that you have thoroughly researched.
Tools and Templates
- Checklist: The Ultimate Self-Publisher’s Checklist
- Quiz: What Is Your Book Publishing Personality?
- Slideshow: The Quick Start Guide to Writing and Publishing Your Book
- Guide: Menu of Book Elements
- Template: Marketing Plan Template for Non-Fiction Titles
- Template: Marketing Plan Template for Religious Titles
- Worksheet: Muse Profile Worksheet
- Worksheet: Author Bookkeeping Spreadsheet
- Worksheet: Platform Planning Worksheet
- Publishing FAQs
- More Coming Soon!