Milestone #4: Prepare the Platform
For a step-by-step explanation of how to reach this milestone, read the Publish Your Book e-guide. Use the curated content below for a brief overview and quick access to valuable information and resources.
Tips (Excerpt from 101 Tips for First-Time Authors)
- Tip #52: PUBLISH Your Book-Before you publish your book, design a book launch that generates excitement with your family, friends, and target audience.
- Tip #53: PUBLISH Your Book-Write an elevator pitch that you can use to describe your book in a way that makes listeners curious enough to learn more and buy it.
- Tip #64: PUBLISH Your Book-Update all your branding essentials to include information about your book. Your branding essentials include your email address, email signature, business cards, websites/blog, and social media profiles.
Tools and Templates
- Checklist: The Ultimate Self-Publisher’s Checklist
- Worksheet: Platform Planning Worksheet
- Worksheet: Author Bookkeeping Spreadsheet
- Template: Marketing Plan Template for Non-Fiction Titles
- Template: Marketing Plan Template for Religious Titles
- Publishing FAQs
- More Coming Soon!