Milestone #6: Distribute Your Book
For a step-by-step explanation of how to reach this milestone, read the Publish Your Book e-guide. Use the curated content below for a brief overview and quick access to valuable information and resources.
Tips (Excerpt from 101 Tips for First-Time Authors)
- Tip #54: PUBLISH Your Book-If you are self-publishing, research the book criteria for the POD or distributor you want to use to sell your books. For example, if you want your distributor to make your book available to libraries, there is a specific code that must be printed on your copyright page.
- Tip #67: PUBLISH Your Book-The top three POD companies for DIY self-publishers are CreateSpace, Ingram Spark and Lightning Source. Blurb is an honorable mention, and Lulu is the original POD
- Tip #68: PUBLISH Your Book-Six non-bookstore markets to consider while choosing distribution options are: 1) book clubs, catalogs and newsletters, 2) libraries, 3) academic institutions, 4) non-profit and corporate buyers, 5) niche market partners and 6) niche market direct sales.
Tools and Templates
- Checklist: The Ultimate Self-Publisher’s Checklist
- Worksheet: Author Bookkeeping Spreadsheet
- Publishing FAQs
- More Coming Soon!